APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11 JANUARY 2014
Administration and Finance Coordinator
Tactical Tech is an international NGO with an office in Berlin, which works with an international network of partners to assist rights, accountability and transparency advocates and activists to use information and digital technologies effectively in their work.
We are an international, dynamic team and this new role is crucial to support the efficiency of the organisation's operations function as well as day to day work in the office.
The Administration and Finance Coordinator will be responsible for office management and will perform a wide range of administrative support to the Finance, Human Resources and Grant management functions of the organisation. He/She shall ensure high quality and accuracy of work and will work closely with the Director of Finance and Human Resources.
- Manage the office space; organise an enabling and conducive working space, and manage general office administration.
- Support the organisation's finance function; administer petty cash, maintain adequate financial records.
- Assist in budgeting and reporting.
- Support the organisation's human resources function on recruitment, administration of staff and consultant contracts and maintenance of staffing records (TOIL and leave).
- Implement, maintain and administer daily bookkeeping in quickbooks.
- Support the grant management function; maintain the reporting calendar and ensure proper and updated record keeping.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English and German.
- Very good understanding of the public administration in Germany.
- Demonstrable commitment to Tactical Tech's mission and values including an understanding of the geo-political contexts in which Tactical Tech's work is carried out.
- Over 2 years experience in administration, finances and human resources in a comparable organisation. Preferably in a medium sized international NGO.
- Strong administration and financial skills.
- Excellent skills in using office software, such as word, spreadsheets etc. Experience using quickbooks an asset.
- Self-starter; able to work with limited supervision and to proactively seek information and solutions.
- Communicative and personable, well-organised and able to multi-task.
- Flourishes as part of a dynamic, international team, along with all this entails (sensitivity to political situations and different views of the world).
Salary is dependent on experience. This post will be based in Berlin, Germany and you must be legally entitled to work in Germany. The working language of the organisation and this post is English. This position is a full-time contract.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter in PDF format outlining your suitability for the post by January 11th 2015.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone inquiries.